Friday, September 19, 2008

Friends IRL

I thought blogging will just be...well...blogging for me. I post, I feel good about my post. I blog hop and comment when I want to. And that's it. It did not occur to me that I will have good friends from the blogosphere. They are not just on line friends now but friends in real life.

The first blogger to comment on my first post at Manila Metro Blog was Rachel. I was blogging for only a few months then. I clicked on Rachel's name and found her happy blog. I am inclined to read blogs which are sincere in their posts, no pretensions. I like reading "a day in the life of" kind of blog which I can relate to. Since then we became regular visitors of our respective blogs.

I met Rachel in person and my perception of her was correct except for one thing. I thought she's one petite lady. Oh but she's actually taller than I am. Meeting Rachel was no different from what I read on her blog - she's soft spoken, very warm, always with a smile on her face. It's no wonder her blog, My Soulful Thoughts, is one of the finalists in the Philippine Blog Awards. This post serves as my vote for a wonderful mommy blogger - Rachel. :)

**********

And this month, what was once just a figment of our imagination came to fruition. The Eating Club went live. And it's not just about food that we talk about. It's all about us, Moms, and what we can share to the world about mommyhood.

The Filipino Mom Blog

I am just so glad I have encountered these mommies in the blog world - Chats, Wenchie, Julie, Feng, Cookie, Cess. Mommies, you make blogging doubly fun for me and enriching as well. :)

**********
Mood: Yes, this is a mood. :D Feeling full, had so much hainanese rice.
Music: Long Division, Death Cab for Cutie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn! It's great to have you girls as IRL-friends. Most of my old friends still don't get it. How do we find friends daw online? Hindi ko rin ma explain sa kanila. hehe.

    Rachel's blog was one of the first ones I began reading too. I hope she wins :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Lynn. I didn't win but I feel like a winner because of friends like you. I really appreciate your support.

    We missed you that night. I hope we'll get another chance to meet again.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete