Sunday, June 29, 2008

Cafe Mary Grace


I was reading Yummy magazine and there was a mention of Mary Grace's chocolate cake. The photo was just so appetizing. I suddenly had a craving for it. I love the cafe's brownies and cheese rolls but haven't had their cakes yet.

That's what prompted me and my daughter to have a snack at Cafe Mary Grace when we were at Trinoma a few weekends ago. The cafe is small, cozy and inviting. The lighting sets the mood as well as the interior. Country style if I may say. The service is quite fast or maybe one won't really notice a few minutes has passed because one tends to read the messages neatly laid out on the table. They are messages of appreciation from the customers. Isn't that nice?


I took pictures of my daughter too while waiting for our food. This was right in front of the mirror. My baby's a big girl already, sigh. :D


I had my coffee alright to go with the cake.

Oh yes, the chocolate cake is divine. I don't use this word much as most chocolate cakes taste the same and more often than not, I just get disappointed. But this one, it has the right moist and its sweetness is just right for my taste. The filling does not drown the chocolate feel and flavor. I'll have this anytime.

My daughter likes the cafe's rich and smooth hot chocolate. I like the colorful cup and saucer as well.

My daughter had her pasta vongole. It's a little watery. I'm not sure if it's the clams or the noodles were not drained well. It's good nonetheless.

We are going back here for more that's for sure. :)

22 comments:

  1. i've beenmeaning to go there, di lang natutuloy. this post makes the resto a must-visit this weekend. must be a perfect place for a get-together with friends.

    oo nga, laki na niya. her shirt looks good on her, makes her look, sigh, very dalaga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmmm.... I heart the chocolate cake, the cup of hot choco & the pasta. Yes, your baby is now a lady. Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chocolate cake looks too yummy! Cosy little place, I like the crockery too.

    Happy week ahead, lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. watery or not the pics look good

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love mary grace chocolate cakes...

    mine is up.hope you can drop by:

    Luau

    Happy WS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That all looks delicious. Great shot of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, looks Yummy!!! Your daughter is so pretty. How old is she? I have one too and she's a big girl at 11 years old.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food look so good! I want to have the chocolate cake :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That place looks good, lets go there for our next dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sinfully delightful goodies! yay! pupunta ako jan this weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cake is making me crave chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice way to spend time....food and browsing food magazine. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lynn. Thank you for dropping by. Where is Cafe Mary Grace located? My hubby loves the chocolate cake... the place looks really great eh?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi! which mall is this? everything looks good! i miss having spanish chocolate. and the chocolate cake looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cake looks very rich. Every spoonful must have been a delight to the palate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh... My mouth watering just looking at that yummy choco-cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. coffee and chocolate is the most divine pairing! The hot chocolate looks good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ive been wanting to try their cakes & pasta. we love their cheese rolls :D

    ReplyDelete