Monday, April 14, 2008

State of the Buns

It's been quite a while since I had buns for breakfast. Buns...let me just call them rolls, round rolls. It's usually oatmeal or wheat bread or garlic rice with fried fish (tuyo) and egg. Daughter and hubby still had their oatmeal. Hubby's firm with his diet regimen. I craved for some peanut butter this morning so I asked hubby to buy a pack of rolls for me from the neighborhood bakery. A pack usually contains six pieces. Three would be enough for me. I can eat the rest in the afternoon.....Or so I thought.

I was surprised to see at how small these rolls have become. The normal size usually takes four to five bites. They come in the same size. But these rolls you see come in different sizes. The smallest is like an inch only. And the rest? Two bites max. But the price did not change. No price roll back dear.


Latest news flash says basic commodities will be in abundance in the market to avoid unnecessary panic. But the price of flour (along with noodles and canned goods) have increased by as much as 17% too. Looking at the rolls in front of me, they have decreased by as much as 50%. Is the shrinking size of a roll a good reference of the state of a nation? Tell me.

8 comments:

  1. Lynn! Ang liit naman niyan.

    Grabe talaga no? I just hope and pray that we won't end up like Haiti.

    Grabe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grabe talaga. I hope they won't go any smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember, tawag dyan ay HAM at sa sandwich ay tasty . ewan ko nga ba kung bakit ham ang tawag sa amin dyan sa tinapay na yan hehe

    pero ang liit nga ha.. isang kainan mo lang yan eh hehe

    hayyy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ROSE, Ham, palaman sa tinapay yun ah. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had our moments but as she is the equivalent of ninety something now, she has become very sweet.
    I like your stones - I have collected all my life which means that periodically I have had to return them to the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must confess that I thought you were exaggerating about the size of the buns until I saw the second photo. They really are tiny! Not good at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A rock solid entry to be certain! Happy hunting!

    ReplyDelete