Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Fruity Dinner


We did our grocery in the afternoon and as always, every first week of the month I buy the latest issue of Yummy Magazine. I was browsing the magazine while going around the supermarket. I fancied the Chunky Chicken Salad recipe so I picked up all the ingredients for it. That's how amateur I am. I need a reference even for a simple dish. We had an impromptu chicken salad for dinner.

One thing that made me decide to prepare this already is the salad greens. Though they're packed and has shelf-life, I'm afraid they will get wilted in no time if I keep them in the refrigerator.



Here's the complete recipe lifted from Yummy magazine (I don't know why Yummy Mag has no website. They only have this.):
1/2 kilo chicken breast, cooked and cubed
1 piece red apple, cubed
1 piece green apple, cubed
1 stalk celery, diced
1/4 cup roasted walnut
1/4 kilo seedless grapes

For the dressing:
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup all-purpose cream
2 teaspoons all-in-one seasoning granules
salt, sugar, pepper to taste
grated cheddar cheese as garnish

This makes six to eight servings. Very easy to prepare as the ingredients only has to be combined. No sweat. It was really filling.

We had the salad together with papaya and some more apples. I believe we will often have dinners like this.




You may want to see what others has for their weekend snapshots. :)

28 comments:

  1. Very yummy! I like the creamy dressing and the crunchiness of the fruits and salad greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARCIA, I love munching on them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate you for making me drool :D Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONNIE, Haha. Sorry about that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn the chicken salad looks yummy! I'm gonna make that for dinner tonite as well :) Thanks for sharing the recipe :P

    p/s: The backpain is a killer :( Thanks for your well-wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm drooling on your Chunky Chicken Salad. yumm! ;)

    btw, thanks for taking a peek at my WS. have an exciting week ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahem....yummy! Re-my week-end shot, it's a peach gumamela that's why it looks a little pale. Thanks for the peep ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what else can i say? WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This salad looks so yummy!
    *can't resist... takes a bite*

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! your salad looks wonderful..i love salads with fruits in it!

    have a fine week..and happy ws!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks delish! i love salads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my ... nakakagutom! sarap ng fruits mas lalo na ngayong summer! :)
    thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some good shots of the delicious food.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks yummy yet easy to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks yummy, did you make enough for all of us?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative! Dinner during summer should really be light, not really fun to eat when it is very hot.

    Miss you, Lynn. When is the dinner set? :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi lynn, this looks yummy, reminds me of a Waldorf salad which has to be my favorite. I am taking down the igredients.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the same magazine but haven't done any of the entries. Inggit ako. I'm eyeing the garlic chicken and fried rice. The salads are also worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is a great entry!

    mouth watering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are not alone, i rely on books and magazines to, i can't quite cook without them.

    i'd like to do the salad, yeah it's kinda simple and very easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thank for the visit and your good reasons!
    Very good your blog, with marvellous and full appetite posts.
    The photographs to you say many in my stomach, but also in my eyes!
    I will return I copy certain recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I suddenly got so hungry by these images wooaaaaahhhh!....have great day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow, your salad looks ... yummy :D a very healthy dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  24. yummy, hearty, healthy salad! :) cheers to healthy eating! :D

    Cafe Munchkin
    Mapped Memories

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love green salads! could you adopt me please? hahaha
    there's this organic salad in the market called Goolai. The price is just right for the delicious huge serving and the special sauces.
    great shots there by the way.

    c",) Morning Sniffles

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Lynn. That's a delectable looking salad. I want to try it out. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    I wasn't able to participate on PH and WS but I'd like to invite you to see the photos taken during our weekend getaway.

    ReplyDelete