Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Banana Smoothie


My daughter likes watching and listening to Nat and Alex Wolf of The Naked Brothers Band. This band became popular through the tweens channel, Nickelodeon. I have asked and have researched why the band is named such, that story will come in other posts.

One of the brothers' favorite is banana smoothie. Seeing the banana in our kitchen, my daughter had this brilliant idea of making us some banana smoothie last Saturday just after lunch.

Get the chopping board. Take a picture of the banana for posterity.

Slice them using the spatula.

Put them in the blender with one teaspoon of vanilla, 4-oz milk and some ice. Blend for a minute.

Voila...banana smoothie in seven minutes or thereabouts. I have to make a quick check if we are doing the right thing. Just to be sure since this Mommy is not an expert on anything about the kitchen (but tries really hard).

Successful with the banana smoothie according to my dear daughter. :)

17 comments:

  1. yum! she looks like she's havin' lots of fun! my kids love it too when we make fruit shakes...My WS is up at this link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a success! :) i'm not a banana person so i'll pass on this one. great try, though! :D

    MyMemes: Primetime Playdate
    MyFinds: Bluepoint Ocean Grill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes i guess so smoothy is delicious...mine is up..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'd love to try that out. i used to think that if i lived on my own again, the only prized possession i will have is the blender :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! looks really yummy! have a nice week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love banana shakes! i think smoothies are the ones without milk and the shakes are those with milk or the other way around? i don't know. hehehe
    whether smoothie or shake it's to die for.

    c",) Morning Sniffles

    ReplyDelete
  7. The banana smoothie looks great but not as great as your daughter. Love the shot of her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmh, it looks simply delicious!!
    Happy ws :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks delicious. I love your sense of humor, too! Bye, bye, banana as we once knew you! Nothing like going to a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is a nice and cool week-end treat.

    thanks for droppin by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have a a smooth chilled banana smoothie right beside me while typing this now too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. JENNYR, My daughter loves experimenting on the kitchen actually. :)

    MEEYA, I prefer to eat bananas as they are, smoothie - once in a while.

    GENNY, It is. :)

    IRIS, I am pretty sure you're going to love the banana smoothie.

    YVELLE, Thanks! You too.

    NICOLE, They're both with milk. :D

    CARVER, Thank you for your compliment on my daughter. :)

    MAR, Happy WS too. See you next week on another WS.

    SANDY, Haha, thanks!

    SUNSHINE, Talk about summer in the Phils.

    NAPABOANIYA, I hope you had your share of banana smoothie already.

    CHRISTINE, You've got 3 blogs. Oh, I can count. :D I'll visit your blogs. :)

    BLUR MOMMY, It is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i must try this out soon. it is easier than i expected.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cut up the bananas, put it in a blender and shake it all up, shake it all up (2x) That was the chorus of the Naked Brothers Band, Banana Smoothie. I was singing the song while I was making it! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a nice coincidence. Jules made banana smoothie earlier today. :)

    ReplyDelete