Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Monthly Highlight: March 2012

I enjoyed watching these:
Movies:
- This Means War
- Mirror, Mirror
- The Hunger Games
- Crazy, Stupid Love

Television Shows:
- American Idol because I want to watch Colton Dixon and Jessica Sanchez. But really, it's Colton Dixon. :)
- The Walking Dead
- Clips of the impeachment trial which sadly will resume on May yet.
- Walang Hanggan
- Dahil sa Pag-ibig

I read:
- Yummy, Everyday Pasta
- Life as One Direction, Dare to Dream (This is actually my daughter's favorite band and I had an inkling to just read it. It's fun reading about these kids and how they reached success.)

I listened to this music a lot:
- Whoa! It's like I never listened to music these days because all I hear when I am in our house is the  music of One Direction or Lana del Ray's the title of which escaped me. And when I am somewhere else I don't stick my earphones to my ears. What happened in March? No music for me?

I received/I gave:
- Cakes!
- Book for my daughter - The Popularity Papers
- The new iPad

I bought:
- Book for my daughter - The Popularity Papers
- Earrings
- Shorts for my daughter and myself
- Top for me
- Yummy, Everyday Pasta

I savor these memorable days of the month:
- Church Santa Cena
- I really had a lot of bonding moments with my daughter this month. We had a lot of eating out and over those lunches and dinners, we were able to share so much.
- Watching movies with my daughter and with her friends.

Restaurants I visited (with family and friends)/Food I love:
- Red Ribbon's Mocha Choco Crumble cake
- McDonald's spaghetti
- KFC's Cheesy Bacon
- The Cake Box's Red Velvet Cupcake
- Four Fingers' Soy Garlic Chicken
- Napoli's Mozzarella Bars
- Tokyo Cafe's Tuna Sandwich
- TGIFriday's Cajun Shrimp & Chicken Pasta, Tortilla Crusted Fish and Oreo Madness
- Moonleaf's Chocolate Milk Tea (for my daughter)

Accomplishments:
- I have to say I cleaned the oven by myself! It looked spanking new after.
- I was able to focus on tasks important to my career. These tasks could spell the difference in what I am aiming for. I have been praying about the big breakthrough.
- Facing head-on what I needed so I can move forward to my career.

New/routine workout I enjoyed doing:
- Core exercises which do not need any equipment which I can do at home.

For the first time:
- I prepared the following:
* Korean-style fried chicken
* Cream dory in wrapped in pechay leaves dipped in coconut milk
* Sweet-style spaghetti (the first pasta I prepared using Yummy, Everyday Pasta as my reference)
* Pancake with nutella
* New mix for lumpiang shanghai I found on the net.

- First time to "adopt" another child for four days. My daughter's best friend stayed with us.

- I went to the cinema and watched a movie alone.

- Feeling confident that I am blessed and my family too, during our Santa Cena.

My feel good moments:
- For the first time I felt blessed during our church's Santa Cena. I need a single post entry for this but in a nutshell it's the first time that I took it to heart, what it means to me and what it could bring me.
- Daughter having fun with her friend who stayed with us for four days.
- Daughter's bonding moment with two of her best friends watching The Hunger Games and having their lunch all by themselves. I went to the gym while they were having lunch.
- Having able to focus on my work-related tasks before doing anything. Delaying gratification.
- Being focused with what I should do first before I do something important too but not urgent. Again, delaying gratification.
- Bonding with my daughter over our lunch eat-outs
- My daughter was not stressed out for the first time in reviewing for her finals.
- I love hearing my niece's voice.
- The foot massage the pedicurist gave me in one of my nail polish sessions.
- Summer rain.

March passed by like a wind. There were a lot of things to do and to accomplish it ended just like that. It moved so fast.  March was a month of realizations for me to stay calm, cool, collected no matter what the situation may be. It was also a month that I realized I was given some situations to help me strengthen my character and uphold my values. It was a month of dealing with a few matters head-on, be thankful and move forward to take on what is for the best.

It was this month when I realized how good God is to me and to my family. I have long been faithful but I have to admit sometimes stress takes a toll on me. But March made me realize God has always saved me and continuously help me achieve my goals, professionally and personally. Always. I need not fret nor worry. This is the month where I felt I was free from all things I need not worry about. I just have to keep the faith. Surrender and be more appreciative of God's blessings. Like what I have said in my monthly highlight, this is the first time I have proclaimed,  and be confident about it, that God has blessed me and my family after our church's Santa Cena. And my shortcomings forgiven.  This is the first time that I had a conscious effort to acknowledge what our Santa Cena really means and how I feel about it.

I could say March is more on strengthening my faith, my character, of spiritual awakening. It's liberating! In all areas of my life, I am now more confident, more focused and a lot faithful.

Resolution for March:
Diligence and discipline.

Have I been faithful in that resolution? 30%. I realized that I have been diligent and disciplined towards the end of the month. I was really disciplined in focusing on my tasks before I call it a day. I was confident enough to tackle a responsibility I have long postponed and accept the result, move on and take on what is best for me. Now, had I only did all these from the very start of the month.

Note:  My resolutions don't just start or end on a specific date. I do them continuously as part of my Be the Best Person I Can Be Project. :)  I just highlight each monthly for focus.

Resolution for April:  
Carpe Diem! Just do it!

2 comments:

  1. That's why the hubs and I take every opportunity that we can to have bonding time with the family. :)

    ReplyDelete