Friday, April 6, 2012

ArmyNavy Burger + Burrito

We proceeded to Harbour Square after going to World Trade Center for the Manila International Autoshow. There were a lot of dining choices but they were the usual fares so we opted for the ArmyNavy restaurant. Been seeing this restaurant but haven't tried yet.

The interior is very simple, no frills - tables and chairs with no back rest like how we see them in the movies in military training cafeterias. It's meant for fast food of course. It's still comfortable if you ask me.

The menu in their sintra board is very easy to understand. It doesn't look cluttered. It's the same way with their website - ArmyNavy Burger + Burrito. Navigation is user friendly.

My husband loves TexMex cuisine so definitely he ordered for Steak Burrito. He said it's good and really filling.


Steak Burrito, P175, Libertea, P75

My daughter, as always, looked for her comfort zone (plus the fact that she was starving, it was not time to experiment on other food on a restaurant she visited for the first time) - fried chicken and rice. ArmyNavy calls it Fearless Fried Chicken. It tasted fine, nothing grand. It's crispy yes, but it's like your fried chicken at home. It's not oily though.

I was not able to take a picture of the drinks but my daughter ordered for Vanilla Milkshake which she said tastes good. My husband ordered for iced tea. He liked it because it was not the usual powdered tea which fast food prepares. The restaurant calls it Libertea.


Fearless Fried Chicken, P165, Vanilla Milkshate, P99

I had my Cheese Quesadilla. I love it! It goes well with the salsa. It's not like other salsa which are quite sour it overpowers the taste of the quesadilla/taco/tortillas. This one blends so well with the soft taco. Next time I will order the Steak Quesadilla.


Cheese Quesadilla, P105

So the ambiance is fine, the food is good, the speed of service is alright. Maybe we waited for about 10 minutes. There was one table ahead of us I think.

How about the customer relations? Oh, this is were ArmyNavy should improve. It's self-service alright and there isn't much customer interaction except when you order. I was at the counter waiting for the cashier, which was nowhere in sight, to take my order. The pantry crew just looked at me and continued to do their task. There was not even a slight acknowledgment of a customer's presence waiting for her order to be taken.

Then the cashier (I also think he is the manager) finally appeared in the counter area to take my order. There was no greeting, no smile. I just had to relay my order and he punched it away. I asked if there is wifi. He said yes. I had to ask for the password. Without saying anything he wrote down the password in my receipt. There was no suggestive selling as you would experience in other restaurants.

The wifi is fast, plus points for ArmyNavy. We were able to connect right away. The wifi name though is not ArmyNavy. We just guessed from among the wifis available and the password worked.

Connected!

But they could really polish some customer relations. I don't mean to be treated like a royalty. A sincere smile, a simple greeting will do a lot for paying customers. Or are they living up to the image of how it's supposed to be in an army camp? Pure business. I say my order, I pay, you give me my food. Done. Haha. Every business requires customer relations. It won't hurt, try it.

Oh yes now I remember as I post this, I saw one of the staff talking to two customers who seem to be jolly and he was really entertaining the guests. Therefore I conclude, the counter person and the pantry crew might just be having a bad night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment