Monday, December 12, 2011

My Daughter is a Lady

I write this with a little sentimentality.

My daughter is a grown-up. She's thirteen I know but slowly I am realizing she is not a little girl anymore. I feel a tug on my heart thinking about this.

We were talking about buying her dress for the Year End Thanksgiving the other week. I was thinking our talk will linger here, on what style she wants this time, will it be a top and bottom ensemble or a dress. She suddenly mentioned she said she also wants a dress for their school's Xmas party. I thought it was just a fancy thought but she was serious about it. She wants something like outfits of Taylor Swift, soft and flowing. Oh. Well, even then during her recital and practicum at Center for Pop, Taylor Swift has always been her inspiration with some of her outfits.

Another tell-tale sign that my daughter is feeling like a lady already is her want for shoulder bags. We were scouting for her varsity jacket when we passed by the bags section. I was looking around for a nice bag. Little did I know that she spotted something she liked. She even touched it and said it looks nice. She can use it for her church. Awww, the mother in me said I will buy her that for her use in our Thanksgiving Day at the church.

God, my daughter is not anymore all about sneakers and jeans and shirts and boyish tops like how it was just a few months ago. She is now in touch with her female side. She is turning into a lady.

Yesterday we fit a lot of clothes and bought her V-jacket and her dress for church this weekend. We will go back to buy her dress for the school party because she is really bent on wearing a skirt for a change as she say it.

Well I need to accept this change. From now on, girlie stuffs are included in my list whenever I think of updating her clothes. It's just the start I know. I need to be sensitive to my daughter's needs, her needs in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment