Sunday, November 27, 2011

A Date with My Daughter and Her Friend

My daughter, her friend, and I watched Breaking Dawn last Sunday. It was a good experience being with the two kids. I really encouraged my daughter to bring her friend along because I want to meet her friends. She's new in school coming from a different grade school but it seems the closeness my daughter and this girl forged is so strong already. They have the same likes in music, movies, books, accessories, etcetera. I learned that they knew each other from the internet through their tumblr accounts. It was a great surprise for both of them when they met at school and learned that they are actually good tumblr buddies.

I know my daughter's friends when she was in grade school. These are the kids she's been with since their preparatory school. Now that she is in high school, her circle grew larger. There are a lot of new people in school which she is friends with. Oh yes, I want to know them up close.

Anyway, we watched Breaking Dawn and the two liked the movie being fans of Taylor Lautner. My comments about the movie (and the kids watching this movie) are reserved for my movie review post.

We went around the Christmas Village of the mall, took some pictures of course. Afterwards the two bought their ballers at a particular retail shop. They seem to know where to buy really.


We headed to Fully Booked where my daughter's friend bought her book. We proceeded to Power Books at another mall because it's only there where The Hunger Games trilogy are available.


After that we went back to the first mall where my daughter's friend was picked up by her uncle. My daughter and I were kind of starving so we had our snack at Papa John's Pizza.


I love this day. It was a great bonding time with my daughter and her friend. I love seeing how kids have their fun and giggle at things which they find cute and must-have. To be young and just happy. I love the feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment