Friday, October 7, 2011

Herb Chicken with Brown Rice Pilaf

Much as I'd want to, I don't cook quite often...more like I can't. I know, if there's a will, I should make time. For starters I picked this one which I find a bit easy to prepare plus the fact that it's a healthy dish. I found this recipe from the June 2011 issue of Yummy Magazine (this link is the digital version).


I love the smell! Let me share with you the recipe from Yummy.

For the marinade:
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (but I just used our iodized salt)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
dash of dried thyme
dash of pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon or calamansi juice

8 skinless chicken breast fillets
4 tablespoons vegetable oil

For the brown rice pilaf:
2 cups brown rice (or as you please)
4 cups water or chicken stock
1 medim onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter (I used Magnolia's Lite Butter)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil

Procedure:
1. Prepare the marinade by combining all the ingredients. Add chicken and marinate for at least 6 hours.

2. Heat oil in a grill pan (use 1/2 tablespoon per fillet). Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side or until fully cooked but not dry.

3. Make the brown rice pilaf: Put all the ingredients in a sauce pot or rice cooker. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until liquid has been absorbed and the rice is soft and fluffy.

I love rice pilaf even then and now it's our usual partner for our dish for lunch and dinner. Happy weekend, foodies!

More food sharing at Picture Clusters and Food Trip Friday.

14 comments:

  1. this looks delicious! i can do this!:p

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks delicious and healthy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummy shot! would love to give this a try, too!

    your sharing this delicious and healthy meal over at Food Friday is much appreciated, Lynn
    stay safe and warm this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love chicken dishes and this one looks yummy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. healthy and delicious what more could you ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! Thanks for the recipe, I will sure try this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Pilaf' is a new to me culinary term. I'd probably be scraping off the parsley if this were placed in front of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i can the grains of rice and it's freshly cooked.. i should try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, it does looks yummy~licious! but i would prefer the skin on my chicken breast for more flavor even tho' they are unhealthy! haha! :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. love chicken menus!

    thanks for the visit...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing the recipe. looks simple yet delish =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so good it makes me sooo hungry right now! :D

    Late visiting for FTF. My share is the Sweet Potato Roll transformed into a Birthday Cake. Lol. You are welcome to stop by mine too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete