Sunday, February 20, 2011

KFC Delivery

My daughter has caught the Double Down fever. I have not tried this and I don't have any plans to try. It's just too much for me. I wonder how many calories this food has. I am giving in to my daughter's craving now because it's a novelty for her but it will soon wear off I know. In fact I guess it is starting to wear off after her fourth try. That should be enough.

I was not feeling all too well last night because of my cold. I had no energy to prepare any food. Since it was just me and my daughter at home during dinner last night, I decided for a delivery. More like my daughter decided for a KFC delivery.

I had one piece chicken, removed the skin and just ate the meat, did not touch the rice. You tell me, I might as well had opened a can of meat loaf to serve as my dinner and saved a hundred or so pesos. But delivery is at P200 minimum so I had to order for myself too. My daughter had her Double Down and fries.

One-piece Original Recipe Chicken, Double Down, Large Fries, P245 thereabouts


I wonder why there is no box for the Double Down when I ordered to-go from one of their branches. I asked the cashier where's the box. She said there is no box and that's how they really package DD - inside a wrapper, tucked in a plastic KFC bag. Cutting down paper cost? But it's better if it's in a box not just for delivery but also for to-go orders.


Double Down, P100

What I appreciate about KFC is their 30-minute assurance of food delivery. Unlike other delivery restaurants which give a range of 30-45 minutes, KFC is quite confident for the 30-minutes alloted delivery time. The other food chains have more network/branches compared to KFC but they cannot promise a faster delivery time.

I am just hoping the delivery persons of KFC are not racing against time with their motorcycle. That would be dangerous. Safety is still number one. But anyway, so far, KFC delivery have been on time and true to their 30-minute commitment. Clap, clap, clap.

1 comment: