Monday, October 18, 2010

The Life of a Working Mom

In the middle of crunching numbers and strategic planning, I thought of what I wanted for the next day's lunch and my daughter's food she will bring to school. So I quickly called the house while managing the spreadsheet in front of me and asked the help to thaw the chicken thighs. I plan to prepare pasta with garlic chicken. Once I made the instruction, I went back to my excel files.

I was in the middle of a ManCom meeting when my husband gave me a ring. He has no work on Mondays so he personally takes care of our daughter. I was a bit agitated. Why would he call? Why didn't he just text if he wanted to say something? It took me a few minutes before I returned his call because the CEO was speaking and I was sitting directly in front of him so I just can't leave my seat. My husband just wanted to say our daughter did not show up during lunch time so he just left the food with the school guard. There was no answer from my daughter's cell phone according to him. I asked him why didn't he go inside the campus and looked for our daughter. He said our daughter's a big girl and she can take care of herself and she can call our cell phones or our landline if there's something she needs.

No, no, no, no. If I was in his shoes, I'll check my daughter in their classroom and just bring the food.

I just have to call my daughter and see what's up. Good thing she answered and said it took them some time to leave their Computer class so she was not able to pick up her lunch on time. I miss her when I heard her voice. My baby. I want to hug her right then and there. I can be a very cheeeezy mom, you know.

As an aside, why can't men be as detailed and as worried as women??? I remember a friend telling the same thing when her husband told her their daughter had an injury from her P.E. class. My friend naturally got worried but she can't get any details from her husband. Oh well.

There's a storm so I wanted to go home as quickly as possible but I was on the lookout where I can buy pasalubong for my daughter. I don't want to go inside the supermarket anymore as lining up the counter will steal some more minutes. Good thing there's a pastry shop and candy corner on the way to the taxi area. I was able to buy wheat bread for myself, hopia monggo for hubby and chocolate sunflower seeds for my daughter she loves. Seeing her giving me that big smile warmed my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment