Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Comfort Zone

I prayed for this, for the position at least. And now I have it. I am tempted to tell myself be careful what you wish for. But no, I am thankful God has given me this opportunity. It's not easy but I know He has a purpose in giving this to me so soon. On my mind was I'll prepare myself thoroughly for this position a year or so after I've flexed my muscles some more in the corporate world.

Ironic as it may sound after landing this valuable but painstakingly demanding job, there's one thing I realize and this comes from the heart. My career does not define me anymore. Whereas before I see myself as a fulfilled woman having to balance career and family life, among other things, I see my life now in a different perspective.

Sure my career is very important because it gives me financial freedom. It fulfills me in the sense that it opens more opportunities to learn new things, meet all kinds of people, contribute significantly to the company and share my learning to my team and co-workers. I give my best in my line of work.

But gathering from my experience, everything is temporary. We cannot hold on to things or positions like our life depend on them. We will thrive, a great life will go on without them. Apart from my family, my happiness lies with the thought that I serve a God who never abandoned me in my life (even if I thought He did, shame on me), who always restores me whenever I go astray or failure hits my plans. I am comforted by the fact that I am secured because I have a God who sees me through, leads my way and helps me succeed. I have proven this since I was a child. I serve a God who does not mind if I am a vice president of a company or if I am a stay-at-home mom whose happiness is to take care of her family. Why would I mind either or other people?

I am calmed by the thought that God sees me as a whole person no matter what I do. I feel secured because God has given me the gift of faith. I entrust God my life for His plans for me, and my family, are always for the best. I have witnessed that so many times in my life. All I have to say is Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. This is an inspiring read. BTW, congrats to you for whatever that is but I'm sure it's a wonderful development you so rightfully deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again, friend. One thing I can say, it's a wonderful development but methinks there are always trade offs. But thankful still. :)

    ReplyDelete