Monday, October 25, 2010

It's Hard To Look The Other Way

Things went fine today. All good as a matter of fact. The saying "the day will take care of itself" is true for today. Nurture your positive thinking and things will fall into the right places. I thank God for that. Smooth.

Snapshots of my day.....

I voted in the morning together with my husband. It's the local elections and we practiced our right to vote.

It's supposed to be a holiday but I have to be at the office in the afternoon for the monthly strategic review. It turned out good and suddenly, I really didn't mind if we were called to report for the meeting unlike how I was feeling when I first read the announcement for it. We are pressed for time as next week will be another four-day work week because of All Saint's Day. This was my first time to attend the organization's strategic review since I am new. I prepared for my presentation and glad it was a breeze. I know now what to expect next time.

There was good camaraderie among my colleagues. I hope this continues.

Great sales performance! My team and I received a commendation for it.

My daughter had her screening at the church finally. It also went well. She had her church duty tonight.

My daughter and I were able to schedule her reviews for their mastery tests in advance. :)

I was home early. I brought home siomai fron Hen Lin which really tastes good.

I had a fairly smooth ride even if it was raining.

And with all these blessings, it's hard to look the other way.

I was lining up in the taxi bay when a man carrying a baby appeared among the crowd. He was selling fresh sampaguita flowers to each person in the line. As expected most people ignored him. I tried not to look when he came in front of me. But I gave in.

I looked for my wallet and gave the man P20 without getting the flowers. On my mind was the money was for the child at least. What is it compared to how he must be feeling? He's not actually begging but selling flowers but with that pity-me stance, holding a baby on a rainy night. Talk about abuse. But what the hell. Let me spare a few pesos. That won't hurt me but maybe he'll use it to buy some food.

Did I just help a parasite? Well, he was selling sampaguita. Let God take care of the man, especially the child he was holding.

2 comments:

  1. I like this ha. Well written.
    You raise a good point about those beggars esp the ones carrying children.

    ReplyDelete