Monday, April 26, 2010

Paying It Forward

I have seen this video clip of a man giving a motivational speech in a high school maybe middle of last year. I was so touched by it and was really motivated. I saw this again from a link in my husband's Facebook account. I thought of sharing it even if I know it has been circulated in so many networking sites and in YouTube.

NEVER GIVE UP by Nick Vujicic.


*Video from YouTube.

Why did I think of sharing it? Like what I have mentioned in my status, ".....Who knows, there just might be someone out there who is needing some inspiration and encouragement at this moment....."

It happened to me once, a long time ago. I was feeling really depressed over a work situation which was affecting my home front. I was just browsing the internet when everybody else in the house was sleeping. I landed on a YouTube site, the link unfortunately I forgot. One of the slides said, "Hang in There". And the owner was just so kind to say that he made it because "There might be someone who needs some motivation and inspiration at this very moment. Don't give up." That was the gist of his message.

It was just so uplifting for me that someone devoted a few minutes (or maybe hours) of his time to create inspirational slides just because he cares. I am sort of paying it forward. I was really inspired by that YouTube presentation.

I hope I have inspired someone too by posting Nick Vujicic's story. I'm a fan of his from hereon. And yes, I will try to find that YouTube clip which helped in one of those nights that I needed to be inspired.

Here's Nick's official website Life Without Limbs and a site about his motivational speeches, Attitude is Altitude.

I found the purpose of my existence, and also the purpose of my circumstance. There's a purpose for why you're in the fire. Nick wholeheartedly believes that there is a purpose in each of the struggles we encounter in our lives and that our attitude towards those struggles that can be the single most effective factor in overcoming them.

Nick shows through his own life that the major keys in fulfilling our biggest dreams are persistence and choosing to embrace failure as a learning experience, rather than allowing the guilt and fear of failure to paralyze us. (About Nick Vujicic)

The lesson I learned from that random browsing on the internet on the particular night I mentioned here is DON'T HOLD BACK. DON'T HOLD BACK A SMILE, A HELPING HAND, A KIND WORD...IT JUST MIGHT MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN ONE'S LIFE. I hope to find that video clip and thank the man.

2 comments: