Monday, April 12, 2010

Lunch with High School Classmates

One of the simple joys of my life is reconnecting with people who have been a great part of my life one way or another. I take time, I try my best to make time if there are meet-ups or get-together with former classmates and other friends. That's why I squeezed in a lunch-out with my high school classmates last Saturday.

I received a text at twelve midnight of Thursday from a classmate saying one of our classmates is in town for a vacation. The following day the date was set for a lunch at Cravings, Shangrila for Saturday. That was quick, normally we haggle on the date. Cravings has always been the venue for our mini reunions. I guess it's the proximity for most of us and the salad bar? Haha.

Anyway, it's great to see them once again. The last time was on February 2008 and then a dinner first quarter of last year.

High school life, oh my high school life
Ev'ry memory, kay ganda
High school days, oh my high school days
Are exciting, kay saya

(High School Life by Sharon Cuneta)


We cannot travel back in time but the memory lives on. I really get nostalgic whenever I talk about my high school days. I am just so glad that we have different ways of communicating with each other now. Thank you, Technology.

***Check out more weekend sharing at Pixel Bug Weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I think HS is the most unforgettable part of everybody's life! :)
    Nice reunion pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn, HS days are the best! Unfortunately, I do not get to see a lot of them.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm agree with Willa that the HS is the most unforgettable =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to touch base with old friends. Ako din, thanks to technology I'm in the loop every time.

    ReplyDelete