Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Health Kit

Tuesday, June 16, marked the first day of school for my daughter. She told me she can't believe classes has resumed. Better believe it, girl. She is happy to be with her classmates again, especially her best friends.

It's good to note she is excited about school. I am too. Oh yes, just like most moms (and dads) I'm also wary about the A(H1N1) virus. Prevention is the best. I adhere to a positivity thought that instead of highlighting the negative, it is better to implement positive actions.

*I reoriented my daughter about keeping good hygiene at all times.
*I have demonstrated the proper way of washing hands.
*We also advised her to keep away from crowds for the mean time, like the school canteen and the play area.
*I visited the school's wash room for grade school and have already given my feedback to her adviser.
*A health kit is a must.

All moms I know personally have included alcohol and hand sanitizers in their children's school bag staples. I'm sure most of our kids have this in their bags even before. My daughter's school has the mandatory health kit for each child inside the classroom since she was in preschool. One shoebox for each student kept inside a cabinet in the classroom - extra shirt and underwear, alcohol, toilet paper, facial tissue, small towel, soap, etcetera.

So now aside from that, I bought my daughter a pouch which she can carry anywhere she goes. It contains the necessities - alcohol which I portioned in a refill sprayer, hand sanitizer, small towel, liquid soap, Nivea lip care (for her chapped lips), facial tissue. The importance of using them properly is strongly emphasized during this time.

It's good also, temperature of each student entering the school is being checked. The advisers of each class also had another thermal check at the clinic yesterday. A circular from the school's management was submitted to all parents to inform us the measures implemented to prevent the nasty virus.

Let's pray that this virus will soon be gone. The War of the Worlds flashed on my mind where the aliens attacked the earth just died on us, earthlings, because they cannot survive our planet's microorganisms. But then, we are humans and we rule our earth. Virus, begone.

No comments:

Post a Comment