Monday, August 25, 2008

What's On?

I have a love affair again with the television. It was sparked by laid back mornings and afternoons when I took a break from work the past month - mostly endorsements and a few meetings - I am moving on, moving forward that is why.

I can have my television tuned in at the Lifestyle Network the whole day and I won't get bored. I particularly love Food Network especially Ellie Krieger's healthy recipes. She's one woman I love watching - calm and composed. She has a very nice speaking voice. And I love her no-frills style. I am partial to short, short hair the past months. It just look so neat.

I have this feeling her books will be included in my budget in my next trip to the bookstore, The Food You Crave and Small Changes, Big Results. She's one example of healthy living.

Another woman who seem to have no effort at all in her kitchen is Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa. I love how dainty she makes the ambiance which matches her recipe - the fresh flowers, the table setting, all the decorations that go perfectly well together. It's a feast in the eyes.

I love pasta! It goes without saying that I am into Everyday Italian too. It was a pleasant surprise to me that Giada de Laurentiis' recipes are quite easy to follow. Or these fabulous cooks just make it so easy for a novice like me?

Over at 2nd Avenue, I am fond of watching The Ellen Degeneres Show. Light, bubbly, just your everyday chill out show. I love her dance actually, she does it so well. I feel like doing it while I watch her. Watch her and learn to sway while having fun. It's Ellen's signature dance. :)


National Geographic Channel gives us this very informative and very brave documentary Don't Tell Mom.....I Am In.....This show is hosted by Diego Bunuel which features mostly war torn countries no mother would want her child to be in hence the title. Diego had been to Colombia, Congo, North Korea and yes, in Kabul, Afghanistan. Imagine the preparation which goes in each episode and the risk they all take. It's worth watching as you get a road trip and in-depth look on their featured countries.

These shows will be on top of my mind when I just want to sit back, relax and check what's good on television. My love affair won't end.

**********
Mood: Cheerful,
Music: My daughter singing KC's song, Imposible.

2 comments:

  1. your top 4 are my favorite shows too. nakakainspire sila! i want to get ina's and giada's books too!
    i haven't watched don't tell mom, although i've seen the preview on tv. i like the concept. di ko lang natitiyempuhan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my ultimate dream is to be invited to dinner by the barefoot contessa. i love her to death!! ang galing galing nya. gusto ko pagtanda ko ganyan ako :)

    si giada naman favorite ng hezzies. pampatulog nila yan. si husband naman love elie krieger. he has a secret crush on her..hehehe :D

    ReplyDelete