Sunday, August 10, 2008

From the Gym to a Birthday Party

It was our second session at the gym yesterday. We spent almost two hours with our trainer guiding us with our workout. At the rate things are going, I am enjoying going to the gym and stretching, burning some fats. I don't experience sore muscles at the end of every session but on the following day. They're tolerable and as they say, no pain, no gain.

We are heading to a birthday party of my daughter's classmate after the gym so we decided to take a quick snack to fill our stomach. We do not want to be tempted and give in to the temptation of eating so much during the party. We dropped by the cafe at Fully Booked and ordered some healthy options.

Husband has his tuna and salad green. Notice the hand - the chips are soon gone. They are multi-grain chips so it's okay to devour them all. :)


I had pasta. Boy, I love this cafe's aglio olio. It has the most generous serving of basil. They're crunchy too. I don't know how they do it but it just gives a good feel in the tongue with every spoonful of it. This was supposed to be to go but I decided to eat this as husband was having his tuna.


After this we picked up our daughter and attended her classmate's birthday party. As always, the kids had a blast even if only a few of the invited classmates were able to attend. We actually left the party at half past seven in the evening. The kids enjoyed playing and dancing together.


I also had a pretty good conversation with the grandmother of my daughter's classmate. It was mostly our concern with the children's work load in school. This will be on another post.

How was your weekend? If my Saturday was full, Sunday was kind of laid back. Church in the morning and a little review of school lessons with my daughter in the afternoon. It's a new week ahead of us. Let's all have a great one. :)

**********
Mood: Productive
Music: Shut Up and Drive, Rihanna

13 comments:

  1. It was a good idea to eat before going to the party, at least, you were able to curb the hunger. We do that too, before going to parties, even the kids, thinking they might enjoy the games but not eat kaya ganun.

    Lovely food presentation, looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JULIE, yummy talaga that's why I need to be firm with my portion control. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pix... nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello lynn.gnutom ako bigla...just dropping by to say hi to a dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh! the food are yummy! :) hmp. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i don't know why most of the Ws participants post food heheh....Like it. Happy WS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the pics looks delicious

    my WS Entry is HERE

    ReplyDelete
  8. aglio olio is made of lots of basil? tamang-tama, i need a recipe that calls for a lot of basil bec my basil plant is totally lush. sayang kung di magagamit.

    hay naku, i can imagine what you and the grannie talked about. i think we all have similar sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm i love the salads! i love bday parties though am shy. hehehehe

    thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. we (my hubby and kid) usually eat before going to a party. typical at parties di ba, it takes time before guests get to eat. hi hi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're enjoying your time at the gym. I miss going to the gym. I think my immune system suffered when I stopped going to the gym. I need to have a dose of regular exercise again.

    That tuna sandwich looks really good. I like some chips to go with my sandwich too.

    I hope Andrea had a great time at the party.

    ReplyDelete