Monday, August 18, 2008

I Get the Point

We have a total of four days off, the weekend and a special holiday today and it's our city's anniversary tomorrow. My husband and I decided to get out of the house and spend some time in a hotel where we are a member. It's just within the metropolis but it's a good way to have more bonding time and avail of our membership privileges at the same time. It's not always that we have holidays this long.

We are in the hotel since yesterday and we'll be going home tomorrow. This is a good rest as there is not much cleaning around as there is room service, not much preparation for food either. We stay a lot in the pool as husband and daughter are both water babies. I took a dip too yesterday and it recharged me.

My daughter met a few kids her age. She had a grand time playing with them and "competing" with their dolphin swim. I snooped overheard what they were talking about and it goes around Camp Rock, swimming, their schools, Jonas Brothers and back to Camp Rock.

I brought with me my daughter's Math book and notebook as I want us to go over her notes and assignment during our vacation lull. The daughter rolled her eyes as I told her earlier to accomplish her Math assignment. Am I a party pooper or what? I just don't want her to be loaded tomorrow with assignments.

She did a part of her assignment fast. I told her it's alright, she can finish the rest tomorrow. I won't spoil this vacation. I told myself there is a time for everything.

I am learning now. Vacation is a vacation is a vacation. The daily grind comes soon enough I don't even have to think about it. You see, when I am on vacation, the things on my mind are the things I will be doing after the vacation. Sure I enjoy the free time but it's always like putting a schedule to everything - controlling the flow of things. I am doing away with that kind of attitude now. I need to be spontaneous, I want to be spontaneous. I have to learn to let loose and enjoy - smell the flowers and smile.

I read this somewhere, "a person who allows his day to pass by without practicing generosity and enjoying life's pleasures is a person who breathes but does not live". I get the point perfectly.

**********
Mood: Relaxed
Music: Beautiful Ones, Suede

7 comments:

  1. Mrs BB n u would make great mates. she will bring a maths book or something.....Benghui would rush to finish off n b4 u know it, he missed the chanz to enjoy himself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BENGBENG, Haha, we just want all things in order. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need your support..

    im on Top Momma.. need all your support so that i'll stay on top.. please click on this link to vote http://www.topmomma.com/mommas/referal/1800

    please visit my blog too, to see the picture posted in my Top Momma

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. same here, i went swimming last August 18 but my mind was also wondering what to do with the house chores when i come home. true enough, they lie there seeming to wait for me.

    they say 'live life each day as if it is your last'. i understand as enjoying life but i guess as a mom, you can't afford to 'enjoy' most of the time..

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi liza! i've got a tag for you! come & get it!! :)

    p/s: btw, nice makeover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, that is just like me. Trixie naman, Saturday pa lang, she already made her projects and homeworks para no more stresses for her. Ayun, naiwan nung Wednesday when she went to school, buti halfday hahaha!

    I remember the plurk conversation we had :D

    ReplyDelete