Monday, March 24, 2008

Over Chips and Dip

Holiday's over. The Holy Week starting Maundy Thursday are treated as official holidays in this part of the globe. I took a leave Wednesday so I have five days of just bonding with my family.

We just stayed home, catch up with some movies, prepared pasta, watch some more movies. We did some groceries, hoarded for the days that there would be no open stores in the vicinity. Or so we thought. It seemed like most people did not go on vacation and preferred to stay in the comforts of their homes. The supermarket was full of people and so were the restaurants. It's like they only closed on Black Saturday, and only a few of them decided to close. Unlike years ago when Manila was like a ghost town during Holy Week.

Today after church and while my daughter was attending her worship service, I had my foot spa and nail pampering. I had a haircut too. I prefer short, short hair these days. It's easier to manage on a day to day basis. But I have to have my hair trimmed like every two weeks to keep it neat. My hair is a little unruly.

It's vacation time for dear daughter but Dad and Mom will be back to work starting tomorrow. Today was a 'do-nothing-day'. Hubby was going through You Tube for Top Gear episodes, daughter was watching Hannah Montana and I was catching up on a few episodes of Prison Break I missed. Doritos with french onion dip on the side.

I wonder how others spent their weekend. Let's check the snapshots they shared.

18 comments:

  1. What a good long holiday you had! Wish I could stay home and chill out with my family.... my weekends are the busiest.... with lots of people to visit and functions to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long holiday! Wish it's holiday here too..I see, JUNO! Love that movie:)

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this whole post is a revelation to me. i never knew about this black saturday etc etc. it is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice relaxed weekend. I have had a pretty low key weekend. We had a mid day Easter dinner and I'm puttering now. I did my WS on some shots I took during the early part of the week thinking I might not feel like doing a post after my Easter meal. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, one of my favorite chip to munch. The children prefer Lays though. Back to work again, Lynn. Will surely miss the vacation :) Have a great week.

    My WS:

    Easter Sunday Morning


    Easter Sunday Salubong

    ReplyDelete
  6. good thing you can able to bond with your family...seems that you enjoy ur vacation ...have a nice day sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice and fun long weekend and oh foot pampering as well. I had a long weekend too. Back to work tomorrow.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dvd marathon? that's the best relaxation method for me. i'm just waiting for my copies of ugly betty and grey's.
    have a great work week ahead.

    Morning Sniffles

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you had a wonderful time! i did lots of sleeping last weekend, together with my family! lol.
    happy WS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to have a bowl of chips besides me when I'm at my laptop or in front of the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We stayed home too and watched DVDs. Jules also made pasta, carbonara but as usual Yohan only wanted his pasta plain with grated cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wuah u had the luxury of a foot spa too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww, no such luck for us to have a holiday that long. :( but we did try our best to take advantage of every opportunity available to us so we can properly observe the solemnity of the season. :)

    have a great week!

    Mapped Memories
    Cafe Munchkin

    ReplyDelete
  14. hard to get back in the wing of things right?
    hope you enjoyed the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lynn... been a while since I last visited your blog. I've been busy in the province and had only some spare time to blog around. Nice weekend you had! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  16. *Beatiful!!*

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is very nice, I have seen one of the bottle walls somewhere, either Arizona or New Mexico

    ReplyDelete