Monday, February 11, 2008

Reconnecting

It's been said that the advancement in technology made people more detached. It's not always the case if I may say. Electronic kiosks, texting, Skyping, emails seemed to have replaced to a large extent one on one, face to face communication with a living, breathing human being at the other end of the line. I can only say it's the demand of the times. We are playing many roles and there are times we have to attend to them simultaneously. Thank God for technology which helps us retain, enhance and continue our link with other people we need and want to communicate with.

As in my case, my family all live in another country. My parents always call me and my daughter. Always equals almost everyday. They always have this phone card ready so they can call us anytime they want. My brother and my sister also do that plus we communicate through emails, social networks, and Yahoo Messenger or Skype. We are updated with what is happening with each other though we are miles apart. It's like we just live on the next block.

I have also met fellow mommies through blogging. And I continue to discover interesting people through the world wide web.

The past months hubby and I have reconnected with our long lost friends. Both with our high school buddies. A few months ago Yahoo groups were set up to link up with our batch. Our own section created an exclusive group so we can freely update each other. Just this week I had dinner with my class in high school. My husband met up several times with his friends he has not seen for years. In fact we had a dinner last night with his very good friend vacationing here in the Philippines. We find fulfillment in being able to renew ties and friendships.

Reconnecting with the people who are a great part of our lives is indeed a blessing. I thank God for that, for the evolving technology which helps us continue and strengthen the ties that bind.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. It's nice to reconnect rather than lament a loss. The effort is worth it. This is a rich blessing. Happy BYB Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. High Technology is indeed a blessing. Gone are the days when we had to wait 1-2 weeks to get a word/letters from our friends or family. and phone calls were just too expensive.

    i'm a part of bybs too :)

    ReplyDelete