Monday, February 11, 2008

Family Bonding

We spent half of our Saturday with my husband's good friend and his family. They are spending their vacation here for a few weeks before they leave next week. This is the first time their kids visited the Philippines and about a decade or so for my husband's friend and his wife from the last time they went here.

As in any balikbayans, they are amazed by the traffic and how the drivers manage to commander the road. It's like being in the middle of a video game. We invited them for a dinner at Bonifacio High Street. We thought of Abe but we wanted something the kids will enjoy too. We opted for Claw Daddy but we were seated at the sister restaurant of Claw which is New Orleans.

After dinner, we went to Marta's Cupcakes for some coffee and for the kids to have fun in decorating their own cupcakes. True enough they were so engrossed doing their cupcakes.

Here are my two favorite pictures of our pretty girls. They had their cute tattoos and rings at Club Priness.


We drove the family back to the place they are staying and we were able to go home a little past twelve midnight. They had a good time and found Serendra beautiful, a place so alive. I had a good time too meeting my husband's good friend and his wonderful wife and beautiful kids.

You may visit other weekend snapshots for more pictures and the stories behind them.

24 comments:

  1. That Cupcake thing looks like fun! I want one to go with my coffee now! May I have a pink one please?

    Great family gathering photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like everybody had a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the allowing of kids to decorate their own cupcakes is a pretty neat idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope we have something like that here for the kids too. Looks like they had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely experience. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, sorry about that!

    I forgot to make the banner clickable, and it is clickable now.

    You can also find the code on this page :

    http://lifeamongotherthings.blogspot.com/2006/10/blog-your-blessingsjoin-blogroll.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. seems like you had a pretty good weekend with your family huh? =) mine is up too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Club Princess is a great place for girls. I saw this one on TV (with Ruffa and her girls) when I went back for a visit. I hope to take my girl there one day.

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you guys were haveing lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome weekend you have there. It's always nice to wine and dine with good friend, yeah? And that design-you-cupcake thing is pretty neat.

    I've posted mine up here. Have a great week a head! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun. I think I will enjoy decorating my own cupcake too, lol. Happy WS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. it seems everybody has fun...happy WS

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a wonderful family weekend. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a wonderful times together!I love to decorate my own cupcakes too...waaahhh!
    mine is up...visit mine...really wish to hear from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. look like you had fun esp. the kids decorating the cupcakes...
    Agring's Simply Digital

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh geesh everyone looks like there having a really good time bonding, i just love all those bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  17. being with family is always a lovely and priceless moment!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to go somewhere where you can decorate your own cupcake. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think that's what balikbayans notice all the time - the traffic and how manila drivers survive =)

    come see my WS here

    ReplyDelete
  20. Its nice to have a family together its fun and memorable. Blessings! my entry is in The Fountain Of Happiness

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a busy and fun weekend you had, Lynn.

    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous family bonding photos! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun-filled day with the family. I'm sure Yohan would love that cupcake activity.

    ReplyDelete