Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mount Purro

Everything is wooden at Mount Purro. I have a lot to share when it comes to wooden but this place would be the best choice. I would like to share this marvelous place east of Mega Manila, Mount Purro Nature Camp, Calawis, Antipolo City. There's a group of professionals conducting learning activities basically for children aged 8 - 17 years old held at the place.

One of the team buildings I participated in was held here. The place is an hour away from the hustle and bustle of the metropolis but staying there, it's like we were transported to a far away place, isolated from all the city lights and city smog. There was no cell phone signal when we were there. Only a satellite phone is available. The place is good enough for some quick escape.

This camp in Mount Purro is a reforestration program. They employ Dumagats which inhabit the Sierra Madre mountain range. The Dumagats are one of the indigenous people living in the Southern Tagalog region.

As in all other nature getaway, everything is preserved here. The food is good, all Filipino dishes. And I learned this place is packed even on Valentine's day for what they call a "forest date". A bonus is you can ask for a particular dish specially cooked for you and your date.

This is the lanai overlooking the Sierra Madre mountain range.


The sala where you can rest and savor some fresh air.


All the bedrooms look like this. The walls are made of bamboo. It is so cold during the night. Notice the small lampshade, wooden too.


There is an open bedroom good for taking a nap during the day.


The cottages have two floors, the first floor look like this. Some opted to sleep here. No walls, just screen to shield campers from insects.


Look at the bar. Wooden stools and table.


I like this pathway going to the deeper areas of the mountain.


I like this picture a lot. Reminds me of fairy tales and magical places. Dainty.


I hope you enjoyed the virtual tour of Mount Purro's Nature Camp. For more wooden entries, please visit other photo hunters.

Since ECL asked how to get to Mount Purro, I figured some also would be interested to know. Here's the link where you can check out the direction.

42 comments:

  1. This was a beautiful series of shots, the camp is very attractive indeed.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SNOOPYTHEGOON, Thanks for appreciating the shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is too awesome! How to get there? Can give me the address?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ECL, Oh yes, I'd be glad to give it to you. I'll post it in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the virtual tour. it is such a lovely place. although i may not b there but it feels like i have been there thanks to u :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some pretty neat wooden furniture. Great photos and have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful take on this week's theme. happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. BENGBENG, I'm glad you find the place lovely.

    KISSEDALOTATOADS, Oh yes, I love the furnitures too.

    JAMS, Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a real delightful place to be in for relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tour. I love the feel of the place and I sure would love to visit there one day.

    And don't laugh at me but I wanted to tell you that looking at the walkway shot gives me a romantic tingle.

    www.makimeji.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. NAPABOANIYA, It is. It's quiet but not boring.

    ZAM, That was what I thought too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like a nice place. in lieu of aircon, the cool breeze of Antipolo will take charge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful nature camp with us. What a fabulous place. I enjoyed this post so much. I hope you have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this place is just awesome! Yes nice wooden stuff. Which part of Philippines is this on? Let us know, If we ever go there, we can check this out...

    thanks for visiting!

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  15. This place looks enchanted! I love the wooden path.

    http://willthink4wine.com/2008/02/23/photohunt-wooden/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, those are all wonderful shots--makes me want to go there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful shots here! And the place looks beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like a luxurious place to camp (I'm a tenter myself.) Very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing. Very beautiful - the place and all the wooden stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great shots! They are all so good I can't pick a favorite. Makes me want to visit that area... just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are beautiful! I would love to spend some time there.

    My photo is up for the week, too... come visit!

    http://lorivillarreal.typepad.com/do_you_realize/

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lynn. I think this is a lovely place that I'd like to visit and explore someday. Thanks for sharing the link.

    Thanks for visiting my entry. The original Nayong Pilipino is near the NAIA. The newer one is found in Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome post I always love path's and bridges

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos! Sarap magbakasyon dyan. Happy weekend Lynn.

    a simple life
    mommy's little corner

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is one cool place to stay. I love to be in that place and relax. Very inviting indeed! Happy weekend!
    MY LIFE MY WORLD
    SWEET PARADISE

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh how I wish I was there! LOVELY photos! Thanks so much for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is a lot of wooden. Well done. Have a lovely weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow... your pictures are enticing, maybe my family can check this place out :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! what a cool place, and excellent for the theme this week.
    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful place and truly lots of wood there. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting me. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  31. what a lovely place!gee,i hope i can visit it someday :)

    happy weekend!

    ghee

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a lovely tour you gave us. Everything wooden and beautiful to look at. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  33. A lovely collection of 'wooden' photos.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, this is a great place but a little expensive for the kids camp, hehehe. I think this was shown in a TV feature before.

    We haven't been to this particular place, though we have been to this part of Antipolo and Tanay often.

    ReplyDelete
  35. It's really a great place... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! Awesome pictures of a divine place! Thanks for sharing. Looks very Zen :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. wow, ang ganda pala dyan. nice meeting you lynn! happy easter.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Can you just go there even if you are not part of any workshop/camp? Is it open to the public for day trips?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi! You have nice pictures. Is it okay if we use some of them for the brochure we are making for Mount Purro Nature Camp?

    ReplyDelete
  40. NADINE, I'm not sure if they accommodate walk ins. Been there twice, both for team buildings.

    ANONYMOUS, Thanks for appreciating my pictures. May I know who this is?

    ReplyDelete