Thursday, May 24, 2007

Mid-Week


This week had been full of presentations - me, presenting and giving them answers to what seems like endless questions - me, watching others make their presentations, and commenting/giving feedback/asking questions that might seem endless to them too - and these are both at work and school. Days pass just like that. It's mid-week and I thought it's only Tuesday. The class extended till ten in the evening because our topic interests everyone. What else interests everyone but Money. Wink wink. I was there with my partner presenting about supply of money, the Federal Reserve and local currencies for about two hours.

I did not feel the stress from preparing all these presentations and meetings with different sets of people from all these simultaneous activities until after class tonight. But even so, I felt so relieved. I just want to relax now.

And while I am at it, here are the Thirteen Things that relaxes me.

Thursday Thirteen

1. Snuggling with my daughter after a busy day.
2. Calling my daughter in the middle of a hectic day at work.
3. A trip to the beauty salon of course - for foot spa and hot oil especially. Scalp massage definitely relaxes me.
4. My husband's massage. (It's a running joke between us that we should set-up a spa business and he'll be the head trainer for Swedish Massage.)
5. Comfort food like chocolate ice cream and champorado. Yum-yum!
6. A feel-good movie or tv show like Prison Break, haha! I'm giving my Prison Break DVDs a rest for a while. I've memorized all of Wentworth Miller's lines by now. It came to a point that I minimize my player when my husband comes in so he won't see I am watching Prison Break for the nth time. It gets embarrassing sometimes. Now, I'm into Heroes and he is too. But definitely, Scofield is not forgotten. That would be sacrilege. :)
7. Blogging - updating mine and reading other people's blogs.
8. Pillows all around me and soft sheets soothes me.
9. Meeting up with my friends with conversations going just about anywhere gives me a light feeling too.
10. Taking pictures gives me some fun.
11. I don't have a green thumb like my mother but flowers, plants relaxes me.
12. A good shower at night.
13. Soft music.

Of course a good sleep relaxes me. And I'm going to do just that. I'm the only one up at this hour in this house. Time to put myself to sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment