Sunday, May 6, 2007

Childhood


PSHunt


I am kind of frustrated because I wasn't able to do my intended sharing for this week's photo hunt theme. It would really take so much time that's why I postponed it. I have to go over all our childhood pictures and have to scan and maybe photoshop them. I just didn't have the time. It will come in another post. Another option I wanted to post was my husband's pre-school graduation picture. Haha. But he sure didn't want it to be posted here for all the visitors to see. So anyway, here's my take on my "childhood" photohunt.

These are two of the oldest books I was able to keep. Part of my childhood, late childhood I would say. I had them since I was thirteen. Juvenile books if there's such a thing. Girls in my age bracket then go for Sweet Valley High, Sweet Dreams and the college kids go for Mills and Boon. I choose my books randomly and I have a variety of interests from Catcher in the Rye to Roald Dahl books but these two books were my favorites back then. Well, just because.




You know the story, high school girls whose friendship disintegrated because of one overachieving girl who wants all the attention all to herself. I like their names, Jennie, Hillary and Emily, known as the Awesome Threesome. Junior high's take on popularity, jealousy, forgiveness. There's one character here I love so much, Paul "Classified", smart and good looking, the guy with the silent presence, you're just aware when he's around. Haha. So high school. What I liked about this book is that it was written diary type. Each characters write their stories on their life book and that's how each chapter unfolds.

The other one, Was it Something I Said, is about Bonnie (what a name) who just have to see the best things in her to earn that confidence in dealing with other people. And what I love about this book, she dumped the popular boy. Haha. Anyway, look at the pages, they're all brown and quite battered. Oh yes, I do put a plastic cover on all my books. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment