Thursday, March 1, 2012

Monthly Highlight: February 2012

I enjoyed watching these:
Movies:
- Drive
- All Good Things
- The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Chronicle

Television Shows:
- A few episodes of AI.
- The first episode of Glee w/ Samuel Larsen.
- Still catching up w/ the impeachment trial. Yes, I am enjoying and learning from this.
- A few episodes of Coco's soap.
- The Oscars.

I read:
- Rogue Magazine.
- Mostly online articles from Yahoo.

I listened to this music a lot:
- Sam Tsui's versions of the following:
* Whitney Houston's I Will Always Love You.
* Mash-up of Firework, Dynamite and Grenade.

I received/I gave:
- Ryan Gosling DVDs from my husband! Yay!
- Shoes and clothes for my daughter.
- CDs for my daughter.
- Book for my daughter, Before I Fall. She loves it!
- Treated my daughter to hair pampering.
- Extended help to one of my relatives.

I bought:
- So many things for my daughter:
* Shoes, slippers and clothes.
* Bracelet and headband.
* CD of One Direction.
* CD of Greyson Chance.
* A book, Before I Fall.
- Japanese and Korean condiments in preparation for my Asian cooking adventure.
- An egg ring, finally!
- An angel figurine for the daughter of my friend for her birthday.

I savor these memorable days of the month:
- Field Demonstrationa and Family Day at my daughter's school.
- Recital of my daughter at school. She sang Sing by My Chemical Romance
- Pampering day of my daughter at the salon. It was her first total hair treatment.
- First time to attend a grand evangelical mission of my church held at a huge venue, Quirino Grandstand.
- Movie date with my daughter.
- Meeting my friends in a birthday party we all attended.
- Frequent eat-out with my daughter. Our small talks here make us share more with each other.

Restaurants I visited (with family and friends)/Food I love:
- Red Ribbon's palabok and their cakes which I had a lot for the month of February.
- McDonald's breakfast.
- Creamy tomato pasta at KFC.
- TorinPesto Spaghetti at Bubble Tea.
- Fried chicken from BonChon.
- Pancit Bihon Guisado from Savory.
- Asparagus Mayo Spaghetti at Kimono Ken.

Accomplishments:
- Reformatting my laptop all by myself!
- An orientation on financial management which refreshed me in how to better deal with
savings/expenses/income.

New/routine workout I enjoyed doing:
- RPM!
- Weights - loaded up!

For the first time:
- I prepared the following:
* garlicky pork patties
* hamonado
* sesame pork teriyaki
* chicken cordon bleu
* eggplant szechuan style
* pan-grilled chops

- Attended our church's grand evangelical mission.

My feel good moments:
- My daughter's team winning the grand prize in retro dance and just seeing her enjoying her school activities.
- Watching my daugther sing with her co-band members at school looking so confident and so happy with what she is doing.
- Successful hair pampering of my daughter. This made me giddy too actually.
- Chaperoning my daughter and her best friend to Astroplus for the CD launch of their favorite band and eating out with them.
- Eat-outs with my daughter (and a few times her best friend was with us).
- Seeing my daughter getting her emotional issue with a puppy love. :)
- Seeing my daughter have a great time with her best friend, their bonding moments here at the house on a weekend. Her best friend made an effort to make her feel better.
- Daughter is making good friends at the church especially one boy who shows his concern for her when she was so down.
- Heart to heart talk with my daughter. I feel great that she trusts me a lot.
- Watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with ze hubs.
- Ryan Gosling movies!
- Being able to lend a helping hand to one of my relatives.
- Non-stop laughing of my daughter and husband to an anecdote relayed by my husband.
- Mom and Pop's calls and thoughtfulness.
- Inspired by how churchmates devote their time for the church's activities with all their heart. I feel especially inspired by the young people who show enthusiasm with their church responsibilities.
- I appreciate so much how my mom got so concerned also for my daughter's first heartbreak.
- Daughter's first time to lead the group in a prayer.
- Daughter's first time to do a church duty on her church schedule. She loves doing this.
- My mom's sharing on how my father is looked up to in his place of work. Really inspired by this.
- Movie date with my daughter, Chronicle, which she requested us to watch.
- Attending a birthday party of a friend's daughter with my daughter.
- Daughter volunteered to sing in the church's Parent Tribute Day.

February was a roller coaster ride for me. I chose to be silent for a while and collect my thoughts. I promised to bounce back with even greater faith. I just needed some quiet time, just a few days.

I am glad to note that I had so many really feel good moments for February. I also must say that since I started focusing on the blessings and starting my day with prayers and gratefulness, I got even more aware of the things that I appreciate and thankful for. These are the things that make my day.

Resolution for February:
Focus, prioritize, take action.

Have I been faithful in that resolution? 80%. I acknowledge that I need to improve. I have to say in the home and professional fronts I've been able to do all that but I missed in my personal goal of achieving my desired weight for February. The cakes and all the carbo-loaded pasta got the better of me. But I've been good for the past three days in my food intake.


Note:  My resolutions don't just start or end on a specific date. I do them continuously as part of my Be the Best Person I Can Be Project. :)  I just highlight each monthly for focus.


Resolution for March: Diligence and Discipline.

1 comment: