Monday, December 6, 2010

Tokyo Cafe

Before the pursuit for my daughter's dress and everything else, we had a late lunch at Tokyo Cafe. I often pass by this restaurant but have never really tried the branch at SM North EDSA. I love their food display though. They are synthetic yes, but still appetizing.

My husband had lunch here a few weeks ago and he loved what he had. He told me what he ordered but it escaped me now. Anyway, it was a good thing there were vacant tables and there was a good spot where we can sit so we decided to try Tokyo Cafe last Saturday.

The restaurant is compact but it does not invade the customers' privacy. You can still carry a conversation with whoever you are with without the people from the other tables hearing whatever you are saying (unless you intentionally eavesdrop, haha).

The speed of service is just fine. It's like the usual fast casual restaurants. Maybe we waited for about twenty minutes for our food to be delivered. They served orders on a staggered basis.

The restaurant is small but I find it still cozy. I love the poster hanging in one of the walls.


Take note also of the mural. I guess that makes the size of the restaurant to be perceived as bigger than it really is.


Us. :)

We will definitely go back here. I was really satisfied with the food, the price is good enough. Tokyo Cafe was also the first restaurant I made time to give a tip to my network in my foursquare account. I just said they should try Creamy Ebiko Pasta. I trusted my instincts and ordered it. Anything with shrimps I adore, Creamy Ebiko Pasta for me.


Creamy Ebiko Pasta, P255

It's so yummy and the shrimps are generously spread. I don't have the faintest idea how they do it but the pasta tasted so much like there are a thousand shrimps in it. Maybe it's the seasoning they put.


Chicken in a Basket, P305

My daughter had her the Chicken in a Basket which comes with fries and of course, gravy. We ordered the 3-piece basket. The picture did not do justice but they're quite big. I just had two or three bites (I'm maintaining my diet) but the skin is really crispy. I love it that the chicken were able to hold the heat for a good number of minutes.


Pepperoni Pizza, P258

My husband, a pizza-loving person, tried the Pepperoni Pizza. I only had a slice but yes, thin crust is love! I love the crispiness especially the edges.

We were supposed to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows but since it's three hours and we finished late with our little shopping, we postponed the movie date. Instead I bought my favorite chocolate cake from Mary Grace. Yummylicious too, sinfully delicious.


Chocolate Cake, Mini, P245

Burning calories after all these food.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! It's another week we are facing. Have a great one!

4 comments:

  1. That's a fun mural and the food... yummmm. Nagutom ako Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a very sumptuous Sunday ever thanks for the drop and the comment for my entry as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. i nevery been to tokyo cafe, ma try nga minsan

    starting anew in PixelBug Weekend
    this is what i had last weekend

    ReplyDelete