Thursday, March 1, 2007

A Nostalgic Evening


Welcome to the world, Frankie! She's the youngest addition in the family, my youngest brother's first baby born in Las Vegas. She's quite big at 19 inches and 7.2 lbs. She has some resemblance with my daughter. When I saw Frankie's picture for the first time, I can't help but feel nostalgic. I remember how my daughter seemed so fragile then. And me and my husband felt so helpless being first-time parents. That was almost nine years ago. Our baby is a big girl now. I do miss having a baby at home. I will have to content myself looking at Frankie and Wazzie's pictures. And yes, my darling daughter will always remain my baby. :)


I was browsing my cousin's Friendster account when I saw this picture. Again, I got all nostalgic. This was around late eighties. That time when all of us were just "kids". Now, half of them are based in the States, one has a good job in the Middle East, the little girl holding a gun is having her debut this year and will migrate to California within the year too. Our Lolo will always be remembered as someone very generous. One day millionaire one could say. Now that I am more mature, I look back and gets to appreciate better what he has given us, how he unselfishly shared his "wealth" to everyone.

Things change as we grow old, we get to have our own lives. I can now understand what my mother keeps on uttering then when the family, the clan was starting to move from one place to another. The time being together, the celebrations during special occassions are sorely missed. We have emails, we have YMs, text messaging and all those virtual 'keeping in touch' channels but there are times like these that you just miss them. But then again, distance is not a hindrance. A family is a family is a family. Nothing can change that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment