Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Saturday Bonding Time


It was a fine good Saturday for me.

I was preparing to bring my daughter to school for her Math tutorial and head to the gym after.  I read my friend's status via foursquare that she was in her yoga class with another friend of ours. I immediately told them I'll drop by if they were still in the area. I texted them too as soon as my daughter was already inside the school.  They were having breakfast at McDonald's. Yay!

They waited for me and we spent the rest of the morning till lunch at McDonald's catching up. I love my girls! We were not complete as this was an impromptu meet-up but we'll find time to get together for breakfast or lunch or dinner. :)

The gym can wait.  I want to be with my friends. :) (Photo below grabbed from Cess.)

Nice to see you, girls! Chats, Cess and me. :)))

After our meet-up I headed to another McDonald's branch to wait for my daughter and her best friend.  After we all had our lunch we proceeded to the mall to buy our movie tickets. There's still a good one hour before we can enter the theater so I took the time to squeeze in my workout.  I had cardio (treadmill) for 40 minutes. It was good! I burned the calories I just had from McDonald's. Haha! While I was at the gym, my daughter and her best friend went to the grocery to buy some of food for her (the best friend) stock.

We met at the theater lobby and yes, watched Sinister, and enjoyed it. Yep, enjoyed it.  We had a pretty good scare.  My daughter though is not really one to get scared by horror movies.  But the best friend was really freaking out. Haha! It was also a good time for me because I have watched an Ethan Hawke film after so many years. I didn't know he was in Total Recall.  

And the kids goofed around the standee of Sinister. 

Watching Sinister with the kids. 

My daughter and I ended the day by going back to the grocery for our own groceries.  

Meeting friends, squeezing in my gym, going out with my daughter and her best friend, groceries....it was a really good Saturday I don't mind repeating.  :)))


No comments:

Post a Comment