Sunday, October 21, 2012

At the Gym


It was my daughter's first time in a fitness gym.  I brought her along with me yesterday, a Saturday.  Being a teenager, she gets conscious now of her physique.  It's natural to have baby fats at her age.  What I am inculcating in her mind is that it's better to lead a healthy lifestyle while at a young age.  Eat healthy foods, exercise regularly, get adequate sleep, drink lots of water.  :)  I really need to guide her on this. Good thing she is not into sweets.

She has a tutorial class in the morning so after bringing her to school, I went to the gym by my lonesome.  I finished my set target for my core exercises in the morning so that I can concentrate in assisting my daughter in the afternoon.  That's just what I did.

She did the treadmill gradually increasing her speed from 2 km/hr to 5 km/hr for a total of 30 minutes (divided it by 2 consecutive 15 minutes so she can rest a while as this was her first time to try a treadmill).  She did a walk/run in the treadmill. Nice.  She did it herself.  I did not tell her to do it.

She tried on the triceps pulley but of course at a very light load.  She also did some weights at 2 k per arm.  We tried on the stationery bike.  She set bike's effort at 6 but reduced it at 4 after about 15 minutes.  6 is quite heavy for a first timer.

She also tried the leg push equipment (honestly, I don't know how the equipment is called).

I was careful in what she's doing as I am not a PT.  We just tried basic exercises to let her warm up at the gym.  Next Saturday, we will be joining Body Vive as this is easy for her but requires a lot of movement.

We spent the whole Saturday bonding.  After the gym, we headed to the salon and had our nails pampered.


We had fun! I love it that physical fitness is added to our bonding moments. :)



1 comment: