Thursday, February 2, 2012

Monthly Highlight: January 2012

1. I enjoyed watching these:
Movies:
- Ides of March

Television Shows:
- Anderson
- The New Girl
- American Idol, Season 11
- Sometimes PBB Unlimited amuses me.
- I tried catching up with the coverage of the impeachment trial.
- Enchong Dee's soap

2. I read:
- Mockingjay

3. I listened to this music a lot:
- Someone Like You by Adele

4. I received/I gave:
- Cake for my aunt.
- Potluck during the small family get-together at my FIL's place.
- I received a lot of cakes this month.
- Baby feeding set for my husband's godchild.

5. I bought:
- My gym outfits - cycling shorts and bottoms.
- A lot of food.
- Refurbished my eyeglass and my daughter's.

6. I savor these memorable days of the month:
- 15th wedding anniversary of husband and I.
- My sister's birthday.
- Get-together during my my aunt's birthday celebration.
- Family get-together at my FIL's place.
- PTC at my daughter's school which was really rewarding.
- My daughter's first duty at the church's evangelical mission.
- First time to attend an evangelical mission at the church for both my daughter and I.

7. Bonding time with family and friends:
- Lunch date with my friends at Yakimix.
- Customary Jan 1 get together at my father in law's house.
- Attending the reception of my husband's god child.
- Going to my aunt's house to celebrate her 61st birthday.
- Dinner at Stacy's with my family.
- Lunch with my daughter at Shakey's.

8. Restaurants I visited (with family and friends)/Food I love:
- Buffet at Yakimix. I love the Korean BBQ.
- Dinner at Stacy's. Wheat bread which comes along with shrimp scampi is good!
- Lunch with my daughter at Shakey's.
- Fry and Pop, sour cream variant.

9. Accomplishments:
- I managed to organize very important work-related documents which serve as my references for the time being. I have now ease in using important files.
- I lost 2 lbs from the holiday binge.

10. New/routine workout I enjoyed doing:
- Religiously attending Body Pump and Body Combat.
- Surprisingly I am again enjoying Body Balance and Gentle Flow.

11. For the first time:
- My daughter's suitor came to the house, handed me a cake and greeted me a belated Happy New Year. Oh geez. There are a number of boys who has a crush on my daughter. Once one of them went to the house but we were not here but this is the first time that a boy actually goes to the house and stays for several hours. My 13 year old daughter has a persistent suitor.

- Attended our church's evangelical mission with my daughter.

12. My feel good moments:
- My daughter's 3rd quarter grades significantly improved. She's already in the top 4. Her adviser's very good feedback on her - that she's one of the star pupils.
- My daughter represented their class in two essay writing contests in school.
- Seeing my daughter bond with her friends here at home.
- Opportunities presented themselves to me.
- Being able to give time to blog again. Also diligently update my Project 365 blog.
- Mom and Pop's phone calls.
- Get together with the relatives.
- Dinner with the family.
- New outfits for daughter and me :)
- Daughter's new hairstyle.
- My red toenails.
- My haircut!

I am holding on to a dream I had on the first day of the year 2012. It's a dream I never had for so many years. The feeling was fantastic! I feel good about it. Whenever I feel down, I try to think about it. I know my dreams tell me about what's going on and what is happening. It may be one of God's signs to me. I am definitely having a breakthrough year on 2012!

This year 2012 I declared it My Breakthrough Year and A Year of Giving (from me). When I say breakthrough, I mean going up the next level, achieving things and dreams I am just so excited about and being where I want to be, God willing. At this point, a month after 2012, I'm fervently working on them and praying hard for their realization.

When I say giving, they need not be big but I am also speaking about small gestures of kindness which is a part of my goal to be a better person. So far, I'm able to wholeheartedly do this. :)

Resolution for January:
I choose to keep the faith. God has always been with me. I will only give room for hard work, a prayerful heart with high hopes and great expectancy.

Have I been faithful in that resolution? 95%, yes!


Note:  My resolutions don't just start or end on a specific date. I do them continuously as part of my Be the Best Person I Can Be Project. :)  I just highlight each monthly for focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment