Monday, November 15, 2010

De-stress

What do you do when you are so stressed? De-stress of course, at least try to. I have been under so much stress these days. How do we really get rid of the stress in our lives when we face the cause of stress everyday?

Well, sure, we should come to terms with it, treat it like a mature person would meaning deal with it squarely and look at the brighter side. Been there, done that, still doing it. That's what I actually do. Face what is stressing me head on so I can do something about it and then I can freely move on throughout the day.

Aside from that, other things work for me.

1. I take a deep breath, try to be still and pray. I am a living testimony that prayers work wonders. Whatever I'm about to do, I pray first. It gives me a light feeling knowing that I have my God with me all the way. Praying calms me down, this is my number one de-stressor. And it definitely works. Maybe not in an instant but you will see, things will just fall into their proper places. You will be amazed.

2. I exercise! I focus on burning calories and strengthening my muscles. I sweat it out. I feel so recharged after every exercise that I feel like I'm a new person after. I am reborn. :)

3. I do household chores. I cook even if there is someone else who can do that for me. I wash the dishes. I clean the kitchen. All these take my mind off whatever it is that is causing me stress.

4. I turn to multi-media. I read my favorite book for the moment. I channel surf until my mind bleeds and find something interesting. I surf the net.

5. I pour my heart out in my journal and then magically, I get to clear my mind and think straight less the emotional baggage of stress.

6. I think of my favorite things (think Julie Andrews, yes). I think of my dreams. I think of beautiful thoughts. I look forward. Remember, nothing lasts forever. Whatever is causing me stress, it won't last forever. This too shall pass.

7. I read inspiring stories. I look at inspiring people. They too get stressed out but they manage. So can I.

Sometimes it's easy to get rid of the stress we are feeling, sometimes not. But ask yourself, is it worth it? Is being stressed out worth all the trouble? My answer is a resounding NO. Give yourself a break.

In a nutshell.....Accepting what is.....doing something productive to counter stress while looking forward to a wonderful what will be.....praying.....calm me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment