Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Dearest Friends

At last I was able to see two of my long time friends last Saturday. These two people are very special to me. They are my best friends. Our schedules just won't meet. We only get to talk through YM and that is on rare occasions only since two of us do not frequent IMs.

We comment in each one's status in Facebook but not much too since none of us are fond of posting status but we do send private messages every now and then. I am just glad this meet-up materialized finally. I miss them so much. It was a post-birthday celebration by one of them actually.

Real friends are hard to come by. I am thankful to God that He gave me these two great people. They keep me grounded. I can be myself with them and know that they accept me as I am - with quirks and all. They listen to me even if I just keep on repeating myself. They make time, even through YM, when I send a message that I need to just talk about anything under the sun.




J, L and me @Trattoria Gourmet, Shangrila. Good food, great friends. What a great day!

We are friends since college. I love them both. Through thick and thin, we stay together. There was a time I was missing in action because I was so engrossed with my work. The only world I know was my work. But things change.

Life has a way of balancing things. As I mature, there's this feeling that I need to reconnect. And I did. I am so glad I did. And my friends are still there ready to welcome me and pick up where we left off. Material wealth and professional success are not enough to give someone bliss and happiness. Friends, like family, matter a lot. They are there to root for us, to care for us, to scold us if needed, to be with us just because.

Thank You, God, for dear, dear friends. We have our differences and boy, they are a lot. But they don't really matter. There is understanding and acceptance. There is love...and tolerance? Haha. Bottom line, we are always there for each other no matter what. I love these two girls in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment