Saturday, March 13, 2010

Riding the LRT

I went to Manila yesterday for an appointment. I decided not to be picked up by hubby, go home alone instead and use the LRT (train) to avoid the heavy traffic on the road. It was a great decision. I had a smooth ride from Manila to EDSA (a major thoroughfare in Mega Manila). What could have been a two hour drive only took me about thirty minutes. Happiness. :)

The LRT is clean, and the air condition is working well. Great!

I was also pleasantly surprised by the actions of the guard inside the train. At first I thought he was observing someone who seemed suspicious but I did not see any. Well it turned out he assists people - women, children and senior citizens most especially. He tries to look for seats for those who need to be seated (older people for example). He is on guard whenever people alight from the train and assist them again while they go out. He is quick to inform people standing in the train whenever a seat is vacated. Just like what he did to me.

If this is LRT's customer service drive then it's good. I just don't know if this is still possible when the train is filled to the brim.

This guard should just be careful holding people's arms, women mostly. It might be misinterpreted as taking advantage. Some people do not want to be touched by people they do not know. Generally, the guard is very pleasant.

I was also entertained by the little girl beside me. She's around five or six years old I guess. She kept on singing this nursery song, the title escapes me now. She's so adorable.

She sings because she likes to. She sings to her heart's content. She sings to entertain herself. She sings because she's fond of the song. Oh to be a child and to be so unaffected. I can't help but smile at her.




4 comments:

  1. hi lynn! di ba masyadong maraming tao sa lrt ngayon? parang napakapleasant sumakay based sa story mo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nung oras na nag-LRT ako, hindi masyado. That was almost 5pm. Maraming standing pero hindi siksikan. Malamig ang aircon kaya okay lang. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have yet to try the lrt ;)

    joei
    http://i.am/joei

    ReplyDelete
  4. JOEI, If you want to save time, try it when you're in the area where LRT is accessible. :)

    ReplyDelete