Friday, February 19, 2010

'80s Music Remix

If you are in Facebook you probably noticed those fan pages bordering on the insane or outright crazy. Well I know a few people who get annoyed with it but I actually have fun with it. I mean I don't click to be a fan but the titles alone make me laugh. There are kilometric titles for a fan page like "I hate it when people talk to you when they need something", cheesy pages like "Just because we're not close anymore doesn't mean I don't care about you" (still kilometric). I mean who creates these crazy fan pages. I just have to give a good LOL when I see some people in my network become a member.

I like to join "I Have the Bestest Mom Ever". Why not? I have the best mom in the world. My daughter joined there and it warmed my heart. No kidding.

Anyway, I did become a fan of the 80s Music Remix in Facebook. Because I am a child of the 80s. Because I love the music of the 80s. Because I sometimes wish it will always be the 80s.

Listening to the 80s music in my iPod lets me live in a time warp. The music are in a loop. Here are at least 13 songs in my playlist which runs all day at random:

1. I Miss You Like Crazy (Natalie Cole) - Fine. Get your barf bag. Blame it on that trailer of a local movie with the same title as the song's. But somehow I like the song. Harhar.
2. Pretty in Pink (Psychedellic Furs) - The national anthem during the 80s. I miss Ducky, Andie and Blaine.
3. Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House)
4. Call Me (Blondie) - I was in my freshman in high school and this was the first music I danced to in our class.
5. Cars (Gary Numan)
6. Biggest Part of Me (Ambrosia)
7. Tainted Love (Soft Cell)
8. 99 Luft Balloons (Nena)
9. Every Breath You Take (The Police)
10. Let's Dance (David Bowie)
11. Girl in Trouble (Romeo Void)
12. With or Without You (U2)
13. When Doves Cry (Prince)

If I could go back in time, it will be definitely be the 80s. I miss my shoulder pads, my chunky earrings and bangles, my Dippity Doo styling gel and my crayon shoes. I miss everything, everyone that became a part of my life during the 80s.

***Check out more sharing at Thursday Thirteen.

3 comments:

  1. then it's good that 80's fashion made a comeback this year, huh? ;)

    and about the facebook fan pages, i know! some are funny but some are downright annoying.

    have a great weekend!

    joei

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn! I love that FB group too. I've downloaded several awesome remixes already - my running tracks! :)

    Chats

    ReplyDelete