Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Movie, A Yellow Wall, Jack 'n' Jill and Five Cows

Blog hopping, I stumbled upon Blue Panther's Blog Your Blessings Sunday community. Oh, why not? Especially now that I am full of positive feelings, let me share them. Let me just let them flow. Nothing big but I'm going to blog about whatever makes or made me feel light, blessed, happy for the day or the week that was.

Watching a feel good movie, Music and Lyrics, in the middle of a busy household. Yes that is a blessing. I laughed my heart out since the movie highlights the 80s music. I just put on the disc in my laptop to scan it and to check if the film is running well. But I got hooked with the introduction so I just let it play and watched. I was grinning from ear to ear whenever I see some references on the 80s. The 80s was really so much fun! My daughter will roll her eyes once she reads this. :D

Our yellow wall...Great, great, great! The painting went well. All the credits go to hubby. I wanted to repaint our room, something bright, not loud but sunshiny. I love the result. I love the color! And we decluttered. The room feels new and very pleasant to look at. :)

I am being successful at controlling my intake of junk food. I have substitutes though, meaning chips which make me feel less guilty. :) A blessing for me is the Summer Salad flavored multi-grain snack with garlic ranch dressing. It's what I am munching on as I post this.

I went out with my long time friends last Saturday and last Friday, I had dinner with some fellow mommies I met through blogging. It felt nice that four of us were able to meet up.

Delicious pasta and cakes from Five Cows topped with spontaneous, unaffected conversation equals great time. It was the first time I met Cookie - a pretty, young-looking mom of two who gamely shared her mommyisms among other things. That was the second time I met Julie and Chats. Julie's sharing of stories and her animated way of telling them makes me all the more engrossed to listen to her and give a hearty laugh. Chats is still her friendly self and looks really energetic, a success in her weight-loss program.

Life's little blessings which are greatly appreciated - a feel good movie, a relaxing room, great tasting, healthy chips and meeting up with online buddies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment