Saturday, August 11, 2007

Belated Post on Some Good Things


I did not post anything when my first year of blogging had its anniversary on July 17. I was pretty busy I guess. And my mind was on my daughter's birthday celebration at school the following day. Anyway, this is a belated post. I was a reluctant blogger in the sense that I rarely blog hopped during my first few months and I blog sporadically. I appreciate the comments even then but they all disappeared when I transferred my content to the template of my practice-blog where I hone whatever little there is of my html skills.

There a lot of good things blogging has given me. I am writing again. I may have not produced a literary masterpiece or something that will catapult this blog to internet stardom but I am happy just putting my thoughts down.

I love it that I was able to discover Photoshop and I'm able to create or tweak templates to my liking. Given more time and patience, I can do this better. I have always loved taking snapshots but looking at them posted on my blog is something that makes me feel good. Not that they are breathtaking but they are mine. I was able to produce something that I like looking at.

I was able to find various good reads from the different blogs I visit every now and then, blogs from different parts of the globe - Mommy blogs, men's blogs, meme, photoblogs, rant blogs, etcetera. I am loving food blogs these days! Though with time constraints, I am starting to connect with my favorite bloggers/blogs. I interact whenever I can. I am starting to get addicted actually.

I am able to participate in my own little way in a group blog started by Sean Bonner for all bloggers who want to share something from their place. For the Philippines, it's the Manila Metro Blog. And the e-zine composed of wonderful Filipino mommies around the globe - Pinoy Moms Network. The network share about how it is to bring up moms, fashion and style, raising children, home and garden and other interesting topics mom and non-moms can appreciate.

A few days ago I received a comment from White Trash Mama saying that she'd been reading my blog regularly and that she mentioned my blog on her post for the Five Blogs You Should Read. I was flattered when she posted she's completely hooked here. Thank you. :)

The other day I read Maiylah's comment that she gave me a Rockin' Girl Blogger Award. She mentioned browsing through my blog is a wonderful experience. I appreciate that. I will not turn down good deeds like these. :)

I'd like to give this Rockin' Girl Blogger Award to the following:

1. Liza, The Real Me - I like the way she tells her stories. It's very natural, spontaneous. Liza is a young mom who juggles two careers - one of them is teaching. Isn't that great! I admire women who can attend to every role she needs and wants to perform. Her profile states "I am hoping to leave a legacy that my son will be proud of".

2. Caffeinesparks - I'm a lurker in her blog. This woman's got sense, as her blog says, hear her roarrrr, though now, she's "lost in transmutation". Very cerebral. If I will have a son, I'd like him to marry someone like her. Haha, maybe that's too much but I love straightforward views and opinions. She's very honest with her POVs.

3. Judy - Judy writes about her "mundane life and reflections on life and perhaps one day, this will be a piece of treasure to her children". Judy writes so gently. I like going over her blog because she posts as if she's having a good conversation with a friend over a cup of hot tea, in a porch, overlooking a beautiful garden. I have just recently visited her but I keep on coming back. Like what I told her, her thoughts are calm but very engaging to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment