Friday, August 28, 2009

What's Your Name?

I am pretty sure you have done this also. I was fond of scribbling possible names of my future children when I was in college. I did this randomly. Sometimes my thoughts wander while reviewing for a certain subject and automatically, for a second, I write down different names I prefer when that time comes that I will have my own children. It put a silly smile on my face (remembering it now, it gave me a big grin).

I have always wanted two first names for my children. Maybe because I have a very short name which is really quite generic. I feel like my name is a root word. I wanted some fancy name for my son or daughter. Fancy but not saccharine sweet. I like names that are timeless. There is a pair of names which I really preferred. I wrote them down and held them in my heart. I know that when I bring a daughter to this world, that will be her name.

Of course I also have connected my favorite names to the surname of my boyfriend then (who became my husband, good to note) and see if they sounded good. They did, they do! :) Everything was settled. That will be my daughter's name.

Her names taken together mean "a noble man", or woman in this case. Here she is, my lovely daughter, Andrea.


Let me brag a little and congratulate my daughter and her group for bagging the winning corkboard they created during their summer stint at Club Orange Juice. I have shared about it in my previous post, My Daughter's "First Job".

Picture below is from the Club OJ site.


***Read more about what's behind the names of the kids of mommy participants at Mommy Journey.

10 comments:

  1. She is pretty and love her name too. thanks for the visit...TC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your daughter and yeah, I remember reading about her Summer job.
    Sweet name for a sweet lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your daughter is very pretty! i love her name, too. and it looks like it is going to be a colorful and creative future for her... she's got great artistic skills! congrats mommy! you must be very proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely name for a lovely daughter.I like her name & the meaning behind it.You must really be proud of her.Kudos to Andrea & her group!:D

    Btw,thanks for the visit & for droppin' some line as you go.Actually the name Yukiko has so many meaning here in japan & to know the meaning of Japanese names is depend on how it is written in Kanji's or in Japanese characters.And it happened that we chose a Japanese character name for my daughter,"Yuki" stands for happiness & "Ko" stands for a child,thus means Happiness or a Happy child.
    Have a great weekend too!:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job..your daughter's very bright..congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great name for a great woman :) she is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the meaning of it, a noble woman. And it's a lovely name for a lovely girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely name for a beautiful daughter. Congratulations also to Andrea for winning. I hope we can also exchange links. Thanks and have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A noble woman, hmm... nice name! Congrats to Andrea and her group.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her name suits her and she is one pretty girl ; )

    ReplyDelete